This one goes around every year. I figure I’ll start this time.
- What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Well, I went to the west coast, New York City, and managed to sit around the house doing absolutely nothing.
- Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Most people who know me know that I’m not the kind of guy who does that.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I recall.
- Did anyone close to you die?
- What countries did you visit?
Still didn’t leave the country, but aside from visiting East Texas, Austin, and the Metroplex, I managed to see San Diego, California, drove through Louisiana, Missisippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina (and stayed in the Charlotte area for a week), had layovers in Northern Virginia and Chicago, and visited New Jersey and New York.
- What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A job. My own place.
- What date(s) from 2009 will be etched upon your memory and why?
Most of these are travel related.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing 78 pounds.
- What was your biggest failure?
Not getting a job.
- Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Actually, I got better. Losing a lot of weight will do that.
- What was the best thing you bought?
I didn’t do much buying this year. Things were bought for me.
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
My own. Did I mention the fact that I lost 78 pounds?
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Hiring managers: they didn’t hire me. The Yankees for winning the World Series.
- Where did most of your money go?
I never had any in the first place, but we’ll just say video games and call it good.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The prospect of getting a job. Multiple times. I was always disappointed.
- What song will always remind you of 2009?
“Fireflies” by Owl City. A crap song for a crap year.
- Compared to last year, are you:
- Happier or sadder?
- Thinner or fatter?
- Richer or poorer?
Poorer. Much poorer
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Resume spamming. Working.
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
- How did you spend Christmas?
I spent it with my sister’s in-laws in the Metroplex.
- Did you fall in love in 2005?
- How many one night stands did you have?
This is a stupid question. I don’t do that kind of thing.
- What was your favorite TV program?
I don’t watch much TV. That said, The Office and 30 Rock remain favorites.
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
Molly Lewis and Paul and Storm.
- What did you want and get?
A trip to all three American coastlines. A walk in a city larger than my hometown. Seeing an accumulation of snow–on three separate occasions, including a white Christmas. Obtaining my weight goals.
- What did you want and not get?
- What was your favorite film of the year?
Star Trek. The title should say pretty much everything you need to know.
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 25. I had an ice cream cake.
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting a job.
- How would you describe your fashion concept in 2009?
For the first half, clothes that were too small. For the second half, clothes that were too big.
- What kept you sane?
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I’m not into that kind of thing. I prefer to fancy people closer to me.
- Who did you miss?
Everyone. They were all so far away.
- Who was the best new person you met?
I didn’t meet many new people that stuck around.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
It doesn’t matter how bad it is now. It will find a way to get worse. There’s just no hope.
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
It’s hard out here for a pimp.