No 2014 for reasons. I think they had to do with severe depression.
I skipped a lot of years
- What did you do this year that you hadn't done before? This year, I stuck to mostly familiar territory.
- Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No. I didn't really have resolutions. (That's no change.)
- Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
- Did anyone close to you die? Just a lot of my soul.
- What countries did you visit? No countries, but spent even more time in Los Angeles. Also, I'm currently road tripping through Texas.
- What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017? Sanity.
- What date from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Dude, the Astros won the World Series.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year? I have a new, better job.
- What was your biggest failure? I wouldn't say I had big failures this year. Mostly, I played it safe.
- Did you suffer illness or injury? No.
- What was the best thing you bought? LASIK. I do not miss contacts.
- Whose behavior merited celebration? Nobody's. We're fucked.
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The fascists. And everybody who didn't die in 2016.
- Where did most of your money go? Magic: The Moneypit and my amateur radio habit.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about? Baseball. The Astros won the World Series. I'm a happy camper.
- What song will always remind you of 2017? I'm going with "Wildflowers" by Tom Petty. God damn, I miss that man.
- Compared to this time last year, are you: i. happier or sadder? About the same ii. thinner or fatter? About the same. iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
- What do you wish you'd done more of? Anhedonia means never having fun again.
- What do you wish you'd done less of? Just plain stupid stuff.
- How did you spend Christmas? With family in Nacogdoches. (This never changes.)
- How will you be spending New Years? The same way I always spend New Year's.
- Did you fall in love in 2017? This kind of thing does not happen to me. I mean, seriously, all those previous years didn't clue you in?
- How many one-night stands? This kind of thing really does not happen to me. I'm not that kind of guy.
- What was your favorite TV program? We have Star Trek back. Also, I got sucked into Game of Thrones.
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No, but the list of people on my shitlist is still really fucking long.
- What was the best book you read? I didn't do much reading, oddly.
- What was your greatest musical discovery? I didn't make many musical discoveries.
- What did you want and get? A bunch of stuff.
- What did you want and not get? Sanity and restraint from everybody else.
- What was your favorite film of this year? I'm still going with Star Wars, man. Star Wars. Not that I watch many new movies.
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 33. I started a new job.
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? The fascists getting hoisted on their own petard.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016? Lol. Fashion.
- What kept you together? Board games.
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? That's not something that happens to me.
- What political issue stirred you the most? Stopping Trump. Fuck.
- Who did you miss? Tom Petty. God damn, I miss that man.
- Who was the best new person you met? Eh.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017: Life sucks and then you die, so fuck the world.
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Punk ain't no religious cult Punk means thinking for yourself You ain't hardcore 'cause you spike your hair When a jock still lives inside your head Nazi punks Nazi punks Nazi punks, fuck off! Nazi punks Nazi punks Nazi punks, fuck off! If you've come to fight, get outta here You ain't no better than the bouncers We ain't trying to be police When you ape the cops it ain't anarchy Nazi punks Nazi punks Nazi punks, fuck off! Nazi punks Nazi punks Nazi punks, fuck off! Ten guys jump one, what a man You fight each other, the police state wins Stab your backs when you trash our halls Trash a bank if you've got real balls You still think swastikas look cool The real Nazis run your schools They're coaches, businessmen and cops In a real fourth Reich you'll be the first to go Nazi punks Nazi punks Nazi punks, fuck off! Nazi punks Nazi punks Nazi punks, fuck off! You'll be the first to go You'll be the first to go You'll be the first to go Unless you think