I skipped a lot of years
- What did you do this year that you hadn't done before?
- Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Did anyone close to you die?
- What countries did you visit?
- What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
- What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- What was your biggest failure?
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
- What was the best thing you bought?
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
- Where did most of your money go?
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- What song will always remind you of 2012?
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
- What do you wish you'd done more of?
- What do you wish you'd done less of?
- How did you spend Christmas?
- How will you be spending New Years?
- Did you fall in love in 2012?
- How many one-night stands?
- What was your favorite TV program?
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
- What was the best book you read?
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
- What did you want and get?
- What did you want and not get?
- What was your favorite film of this year?
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
- What kept you together?
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
- What political issue stirred you the most?
- Who did you miss?
- Who was the best new person you met?
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
This has been a quiet year. I haven't really done much new this year.
Nope. Not even close. As for what my resolutions will be for next year, that's another post.
For the first time since I moved to Dallas, I did not go to a funeral this year. However, there's yet time for my grandma to kick the bucket this year.
What country is that? Iowa? Have I conquered Iowa yet?
A brand new car.
2012 was a forgettable year.
I avoided achievement.
I couldn't make myself do anything.
I spent most of my money on accidents.
Excitement is escaping me.
I don't think this year will have a song.
i. happier or sadder? Neither, really.
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same.
iii. richer or poorer? About the same.
Anhedonia means never having fun again.
I didn't do much. Perhaps I should have done less nothing.
The same way I always spend New Year's.
This kind of thing does not happen to me.
This kind of thing really does not happen to me.
I didn't watch much new television this year.
Hate is a strong word. I don't hate.
I'm going to punt on this one. I'm not ready to talk about that.
I didn't make many musical discoveries.
You can't always get what you want.
And if you try sometimes, you just might find that you can't even get what you need.
Ask me in a few months. I've seen a lot of my stuff.
28. It was a weekday.
We will not be talking about that.
Nothing. I'm coming undone.
That's not something that happens to me.
Politics is a distraction to keep you from realizing that you're getting screwed. I don't give a shit anymore.
I didn't have much to miss.
I did not meet new people.
It's likely not even worth trying.
It's been the kind of year nobody writes songs about.